VOC is equipped and trained to perform diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures including state-of-the-art anesthetic maintenance and monitoring, ultrasonography, electroretinography, operating microscopy, cataract phacoemulsification and laser as well as micro-surgery.
Once your pet is scheduled for surgery with our experienced ophthalmologist, here are some important steps before the scheduled date:
1. Please drop off your pet between 8:00am-9:00am.
2. Pick up is the same day, normally between 3:30pm-4:30pm, but a VOC team member will call you after the procedure is completed with a better pick up time.
3. No food shall be given after midnight the night beforehand. A little bit of water is fine though.
4. If your pet is diabetic, please feed and give insulin as normal the day of the surgery.
5. If you have any questions or concerns about the surgery, follow-up care, or progress, please do not hesitate to call our practice at 949-404-4100.